The All Progressives Congress, APC, has just heard over the news media that The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has decided to postpone the elections by six weeks on the strength of a letter by the security chiefs that they cannot provide security for the elections nationwide because of the commitment of its resources to fight insurgency in the north eastern part of the country.
This is clearly a major setback for Nigerian democracy, and our Party is meeting in emergency session to study its implications and will inform Nigerians of its decisions in the next few days.
In the meantime, though what has happened is highly provocative, I strongly appeal to all Nigerians to remain calm and desist from violence and any activity which will compound this unfortunate development. We must not fall into this obvious trap. Change we must. They can only delay it; No one can stop it.
I want to assure all Nigerians that the All Progressives Congress will not abandon its commitment to change and will sustain the struggle to establish a new Nigeria.
John E. K. Odigie-Oyegun. CON.
National Chairman, APC
LATEST 9JA TRENDS
- PREMIERE: Yemi Alade – “Do As I Do” ft. DJ Arafat (Prod by Selebobo)
- itoflex Ft Emisark & Ice- My Wife @im_pitoflex ||@iam_utfresh
- Free Beat: BigMoneyBeat – buggi (Part 1)
- Music: Double P – Reality of Life
- Music: BrazHoney-Show me ur luv
- Video: Nani Boi & Dekumzy – GburuGburu (@iamnaniboi)
- I’M STILL RUNING” @MC4GOD1 BY MC 4 GOD (#amStillRuning1stMarch)
- Man Pictured Destroying PDP Poster In Kaduna – Politics
- After Announcement #March4Buhari Trends on Twitter
- North Rejects Election Postponement; To Resist Any Attempt To Sack Jega
- APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It’s “Highly Provocative”
- BREAKING NEWS: INEC shifts polls to March 28, April 11
- Buhari’s Original Certificate Submitted To Army Board – Gen. Akinrinade
- Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong?
- VIDEO: AMBO – “Gbabe” ft. Yemi Alade, Flavour, Ice Prince, M.I, Olamide, Banky W & Dammy Krane